Quick skills: Bucket Fill Task


I found the Bucket Fill task to be very fun to complete. I already knew how to use all these skills because we learnt them in the first year (apart from filters) and I made sure to practice in my own time. But going through and colouring in all the simple shapes was such a relaxing task where I could drift through my mind while completing this. It was interesting to pick the site apart and imagine what all the shapes were supposed to be and what I chose them to be- for example the long rectangular brown lines across the green could be an overhead structure but for my space I imagined them as wooden planks running on the ground. 
This project was useful in teaching me more about filters, we first learn about them in the Contextual colour project and I had a lot of fun testing them out on a drawing. However, I felt adding too many created too much chaos and the drawing became awful to look at so I ended up just sticking to the instructed area. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts